Septekphrasis [Ekphrastic Poems: 1 - 8]


◽ 1/30 - 244.1


this is how I remember you always

a man lumbering along the past 


under his arm a reflection 

of some old flame or light


soft hat - long overcoat - a pipe

only it was never that

a dream maybe

a doorway


mine


Isaak Brodsky (1920) by B. Kustodiev

. . .

◽ 2/30 - 245.3 

giant

kind[le]

[e]reader

mowing

poetry

down

Kazimir Malevich, Mower (1930)


. . .


◽ 3/30 - 246.2

fresh flowers dead center remain

unseen, his gaze forever arrested

by crimson buds on a ghostly hat

[her ghost]


Kazimir Malevich, Flowergirl (1904–05 / 1920s)



. . .
◽ 4/30 - 247.2



 . . .

◽ 5/30 - 248.2



 . . .

◽ 6/30 - 249.2

My storm rages

Your waves roar

My waves rage

Your storm roars


Karl Hagemeister: Waves in a Storm (1915)

 

. . .

◽ 7/30 - 250.3

I’ve been thinking about you,
You say - not in a good way.
It’s never in a good way, almost
As if I my mere existence affronts
You. I’m sure it does. Do I care?
Not anymore. Do your words
Give me pleasure or ammo
For my own? Not anymore.
I think of them less & less
Now. You should try that
Too. It’s very liberating.


Hugo Birger: The Scandinavian Artists Lunch at Café Ledoyen (1886)

. . .

◽ 8/30 - 252.3

tell me about the cat
dreaming inside 
you





Comments

Popular Posts